Hand Picked Nursery
Jersey Giant Asparagus Bare Root Plants - 2yr Crowns - BUY 4 GET 1 FREE
Asparagus Crowns Will Ship in Mid/Late December!
Jersey Giant Asparagus is a male hybrid asparagus. Its energy goes into producing spears rather that seeds as with female plants. These asparagus are high yielders, yielding 2-4 times more spears than older varieties. It is also disease resistant, which is a bonus!
|Soil pH||6.5-7.0||Freezing Quality||Excellent|
Planting Information for Asparagus Plants
- 12" – 14" between plants unless otherwise specified
- 6" – 8" between plants is recommended for Purple Passion
- 3’ between rows
- Furrows should be 8" – 10" deep for most soils
- Furrows of 8" is recommended for heavier clay–like soils
- Add 30 percent sand to the soil to help with drainage. This will help them from root rot and fungal growth.
- Jersey Giant asparagus Plants need a well–drained site
- Lighter soils may require more frequent watering
- Important to maintain moisture during establishment year
- Before planting Jersey Supreme asparagus plants, add 5lbs of 10–10–10 per 100 sq ft
- In establishment year dress in August with 1 lb 10–10–10 per 100 sq ft and work into top 2" of soil
- In following years use 2lbs 10–10–10 per 100 sq ft in early spring and again following harvest
- Lime, bone meal, and super phosphate help maintain proper soil levels
Back To Best Sellers Previous Product Next Product