Hand Picked Nursery
Mary Washington Asparagus Bare Root Plants - 2yr crowns - BUY 4 GET 1 FREE
Asparagus Crowns Will Ship in Mid/Late December!
Millennium has been productive, with high quality spears, tender, and has good flavor. Thought to be best adapted to heavier soils, but results from our grower survey indicate success with a wide range of soil types. This winter hardy variety is also heat tolerant and shows resistance to rust. This is an heirloom variety! This winter hardy variety is also heat tolerant and shows resistance to rust.
|Soil pH||6.5-7.0||Freezing Quality||Excellent|
Planting Information for Asparagus Plants
- 12" – 14" between plants unless otherwise specified
- 6" – 8" between plants is recommended for Purple Passion
- 3’ between rows
- Furrows should be 8" – 10" deep for most soils
- Furrows of 8" is recommended for heavier clay–like soils
- Add 30 percent sand to the soil to help with drainage. This will help them from root rot and fungal growth.
- Jersey Giant asparagus Plants need a well–drained site
- Lighter soils may require more frequent watering
- Important to maintain moisture during establishment year
- Before planting Jersey Supreme asparagus plants, add 5lbs of 10–10–10 per 100 sq ft
- In establishment year dress in August with 1 lb 10–10–10 per 100 sq ft and work into top 2" of soil
- In following years use 2lbs 10–10–10 per 100 sq ft in early spring and again following harvest
- Lime, bone meal, and super phosphate help maintain proper soil levels