Atlas Asparagus Bare Root Plants - 2yr crowns - BUY 4 GET 1 FREE
Atlas F1 hybrid asparagus produces green spears that have very tight heads under warm to hot growing conditions during harvest time. The spears have a cylindrical shape with slight tapering spear tips. The bud scales are closely oppressed to the spear, giving the spear a very smooth appearance. Spear production starts very early in the spring and due to its hybrid vigor, extends late through the cutting season to provide very high yields of tight headed spears.
Soil Moisture: Well Drained - Average Moistness
Soil pH Level: 6.5 - 7.5
Texture: Crisp, Crunchy
Years to Bear: 3
Zone Range: 3 - 10
We recommend spacing these plants 12" - 18" apart to ensure room for growth.
|Soil pH||6.5-7.0||Freezing Quality||Excellent|
Planting Information for Asparagus Plants
- 12" – 14" between plants unless otherwise specified
- 6" – 8" between plants is recommended for Purple Passion
- 3’ between rows
- Furrows should be 8" – 10" deep for most soils
- Furrows of 8" is recommended for heavier clay–like soils
- Add 30 percent sand to the soil to help with drainage. This will help them from root rot and fungal growth.
- Jersey Giant asparagus Plants need a well–drained site
- Lighter soils may require more frequent watering
- Important to maintain moisture during establishment year
- Before planting Jersey Supreme asparagus plants, add 5lbs of 10–10–10 per 100 sq ft
- In establishment year dress in August with 1 lb 10–10–10 per 100 sq ft and work into top 2" of soil
- In following years use 2lbs 10–10–10 per 100 sq ft in early spring and again following harvest
- Lime, bone meal, and super phosphate help maintain proper soil levels